Friday, June 15, 2012

Teacher Thank You Gift

I know all the blogs have moved on from teacher appreciation gifts, but TODAY is our first day of summer, so here is my post for our thank you gift for our amazing teachers this year.  I decided on handmade cards, because everyone can use them and I had most of the supplies.  I waited until I had the 50% off coupon for Michaels and then I got the black cards, so this gift cost me very little, but I think they turned out great.
 I started with my thank you card for the teacher, I embroidered this on material and the scallop matched the card perfectly.

 Since I had two teachers I made some cards similar.  These were embroidered on paper.
 I used washi tape for simple birthday and thanks cards.  The miso cute is embroidered.
 These were rubber stamped.

 These were just stickers, but I cut out the tree branches to add to it.

 I loved these cards, this was a pack that signified the field trips the kids took and the activities they did this year.  We live on the coast so that was the beach one, it is stamped with fabric, the Cinco de Mayo was fabric, but I went over the designs with my sewing machine to make them stand out and then I added a border with variegated thread.  The school bus is made from embroidered felt and the map has China Town, which was our last field trip.


 A little more detail here.
 This was just layered paper and stickers, but I really like how it turned out.
 These are some of my favorites, the bird and love are embroidered on paper bags.



 Close up of the beach one.

  These are my favorite and I had to make one for my friend too because I liked it so much!

I made a gift bag for them, of course I forgot to get a picture of that, but this was the material.
There were 20 cards for each teacher in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment