I am not sure how much of a post this is, but it sure took a lot of my time. In my quest for stopping all drafts in my house I am constantly adding weather stripping and the like. Today, I was determined to stop the leak under the door that leads from our family room to our garage. I bought one of those door bottoms and thought this was a simple installation. I followed the easy directions and was proud until I tried to open the door and realize that it got stuck halfway open!! It seems the door was cut at a slight angle and my door bottom would not fit.
Since I had no intention of taking off the door and trimming it, I decided to modify the door bottom. So I got out the scroll saw.
I trimmed the plastic down until it was just right.
Now it works like a charm. It really does stop the draft and my door can freely open and close!