Monday, January 23, 2012

How to make a Gift Bag

Since I made my friend a little wallet, I needed to wrap it in something cute.   I decided a little gift bag would be just the thing.   I cut a strip of fabric about 7 x 20, this will be enough for two bags.

 I folded the material in half so the bottom of the fold will be the bottom of the bag.  I then serged the sides. Regular straight stitch would works well too, but I wanted this to be quick and clean.
 I folded over the top to make a hem and straight stitched.
 I placed a ribbon about a 1/3 from the top and folded it in 1/2 to find the center and sewed it on with a straight stitch.
And now my gifts are ready to be delivered.  I love making bags, they can be reused and they are so cute.  This year for Christmas I made about two dozen bags in all shapes and sizes for our gifts.  My family loved it and we look forward to using them again next year.



Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment