Monday, January 30, 2012

Tie Rack to Card Holder

This is one of my favorite projects.  I had this tie rack that I once used to hang my necklaces and bracelets, but I never had a good place to hang it, so I decided to turn it into something new. 

 I needed a base and then I found this!!  A total dumpster dive and I mean that literally, I found it in the trash outside my daughter's swim class, Little E thought I was stealing-so after explaining the concept of Freeganism she reluctantly accepted it, but I knew it would be perfect, so after a bleach bath...
 I especially liked the pointy thing that the candle goes into.  I cut the ball part of the tie rack off with my scroll saw and I found that there was a hole in the base of the tie rack that fit perfectly over the candle holder!
 I got some little clips from OTC, and I was so happy to see that the round loop fit perfectly over the loops of the tie rack-oh my everything was coming together so perfectly!  After a fresh coat of paint I adorned it with an old fence post that I've had for 20 yrs and there you go- a card holder that spins!
Now I have a way to show off all my wacky cards from my husband and friends!
My Repurposed Life The DIY Show Off

2 comments:

  1. what a fun project!
    thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its really fun but very nice thinking for Tie Rack.

      Bow Ties | Ties

      Delete