Sunday, March 11, 2012

Add a "Mc" for St. Pat's

I wanted to add a little St. Patty's Day to the outside of our house, so I decided on a family plaque. This was just a quick project.

Using scrap wood, stickers, trim and paint. I added a Mc to my last name and the established day. 
I had to mod podge my stickers because they weren't sticking very well.



After I painted, I slowly peeled the stickers away.
Then I added a Celtic knot, which I just is just an image I printed out and cut out then mod podged it and painted over it.  I distressed it with a little sandpaper as well.
Finally, I added some trim and I was finished!  I like how it looks  like folk art.

sew many waysSunday's Best Linky Party!
It's Overflowing



Photobucket



Stuff and Nonsense


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





















1 comment: