Wednesday, March 7, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Curtain

This curtain was nothing but trouble.  Sometimes scrap fabrics just don't work!  Or, some days I just shouldn't craft! 

My first issue was, I really didn't have anything St. Patty's related, so I thought I would make my own.  My idea was to embroider shamrocks on my material in a random patter.  Well, it would have worked, but I wasn't paying attention and the bottom part of the material ended up sewed into my embroidery design and I literally had to cut the fabric just to remove it from the hoop!  I was bummed. 
Then I found in my stash some strange green material that had a non-skid back to it, I have no idea where I found this, but when I sewed it to my main fabric, it wouldn't move and it became snagged in the sewing machine and created a ruffeled look that was not what I was going for, I also had to cut that away and start over-now shorter.

It didn't end there, I embroidered Erin Go Bragh on the bottom of my panel and had the bright idea to add some shamrocks on either side, but, I didn't look what I was doing and my shamrock ran into Bragh-I never do that!!

Finally, again while I was embroidering, I didn't look to make sure that my stabilizer covered my entire area of my design and when it didn't, the fabric puckered.
So here is the finished product.  I am not even going to post my process.
 Here the panel, the shamrocks are embroidered and the bottom says Erin GoBragh
 I added these little clips and rings
 Even my pictures turned out dark.
Oh well, not every project can be perfect. 
Somewhat Simple
Party Button

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment