Sunday, March 11, 2012

Library Loans #4

I have always love the rich, retro style of Mary Engelbreit.  The way that woman adds texture and layers to her work-luscious!  Although, I don't think my home reflects ME style, I would like to think that my use of color in art does.  So I was really surprised this week when I came across a book I had not seen before:
Mary Engelbreit's Leading the Artful Life 
This week's book brought me back to a time when my life was not connected to a computer. Before marriage and kids, I used to order the Mary Engelbreit Home Companion and drool over the pages. People used to give me lots of ME stuff and I loved it all, her cookbooks, craft books, you name it. I even got to go to her store at the Mall of America in Minnesota and droll in person!  It's been a long time since I've looked at any of her stuff, so it was definitely a stroll down memory lane. 
The book looks at several people's homes and is nice to look at the pages.  I didn't find my style, but it was fun all the same!

Call No:747 P

No comments:

Post a Comment