Sunday, March 25, 2012

Library Loans #6

I am taking a break from home decor books for a bit and I thought I would hit something really inspiring.  I just love this book, I learned how to solder jewerly from it and I oogled each page for many hours!
Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander

  The crafts are all soldered glass pieces and they are challenging yet informative.  Some of the tools she uses are totally impractical for the beginner, like her glass cutting machine!  However, she does review glass cutting, soldering and collage basics.  The pictures are beautiful and the crafts are inspiring.  The author seems like a real person, I love the band-aid on her thumb in a few pics-because let's face it we are dealing with glass and hot pokey things!

This book is published by North Light Books and I have really enjoyed each book and I actually own quite a few.
Check it out!
Call No: TT910 .A54 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment