Cut a strip of material any desire you want, mine were 8" wide by 18" long. See my tutorial on how to make a gift bag for the basic form.
1. Fold the material in half so the fold will be the bottom of the bag.
2. Sew up the first side from bottom to top.
3. Sew up the second side, but stop about 2" from the top.
4. Fold over the un-sewn side and sew to finish off the edge
5. Trim the seam down so the ribbon will not get stuck when you are threading the bag.
I bought tiny carabineers to attach to my jacket.