Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabric Holder

I needed a better way to store my fabric when working on a large project with multiple fabrics.  Usually I just fold them and they sit on my counter, but then I am moving them over and over and stuff gets piled on them and soon I have to excavate to get restarted on my project.  Since I am working on a quilt for my son's class I have 5 fabrics that I want to have out. 
A quick trip to my garage and I found an old rail from my kid's toddler bed.
Ta Da, now I have a nice way to keep my fabric out, but out of my way.  Maybe in the future I will do something more with this, but for now, I am happy with it.
This week I am linking to:

RedouxParty ButtonPhotobucketSomewhat SimpleFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
sew many ways
It's Overflowing
Sunday's Best Linky Party!





















3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We're about to move our toddler to a big girl bed and I'll have one of these available! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a really cute idea. I want to use this on a larger scale in my craft room because my fabrics are larger due to home dec projects. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great repurpose! A shutter would be awesome too.
    gail

    ReplyDelete