Friday, March 2, 2012

St. Pat's Topiaries

I just love topiaries, for me, they combine whimsy and formal in one form.  I've made topiaries in the past, but this year I wanted to make something for St. Patrick's day.
 I started by going to my garden.  I cut twigs from my apple tree, found old flower pots and rocks to serve as a foundation.  Then I hit the craft store (yes, I broke down), I found 5" moss covered balls, Spanish moss and fake ivy.  I already had the small Styrofoam balls from the dollar store.


 I sprayed the flower pots gold-still working off my enormous arsenal of gold spray paint, them filled them with rocks.
 Stuck a twig in a ball, then painted it green.

 Then covered it in cut up Spanish moss.
 Then hot glued small ivy leaves and added moss to the bottom.
I did the same thing for the larger ones.
 I added some ribbon and here is the finished product!


This week I am linking to:
sew many waysSunday's Best Linky Party!The DIY Show Off

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialStuff and Nonsense
 OurDIYDiaries It's OverflowingRedouxTip Junkie handmade projects


1 comment: