Saturday, February 25, 2012

Duct Tape Paint!


A while back my son asked me for bulletin boards in his room, but he wanted them red!  When I bought the bulletin board, I was bummed to find that the frame was some fake wood grain tape and I was going to have a hard time painting them, so I got some red duct tape and "painted" them red. 
 I like the idea so much I did it with packaging tape for my daughter.

So naturally, when my husband came home with a new bulletin board for my office, I had to do it for me too! 

 I cut the corner tape at a 45 degree angle then I ran the tape to the other side.  First I pushed the tape down on the front (the side that shows) of the board.  Then I took a gift card and slid it under the molding to get the edge nice and clean and tucked away. 
 Finally, I pressed down the backside of the tape.  The tape seems to be wide enough to completely cover the front, and side and it is a little short on the back, but no one sees that part!
 If you want, you can get fancy on the corners, I just cut a wide V and laid it over the corner.

This works for picture frames too!
This week I am linking to:
Blue Cricket Design
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

The DIY Show Off
Tuesday To Do Party





2 comments:

  1. OOO cute idea!! I love the hot pink zebra you chose :) I'm your newest follower. Have a great week!
    Stay crafty x0x0
    Jess
    {www.CraftyNonsenseNoted.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything zebra....duct tape is fun!! come share on my linky party if you are interested :) My linky party is still open from Tues-Frid :)

    ReplyDelete