Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fool's Gold

I have always enjoyed St. Patrick's Day and hearing the lore of Leprechauns.  I fondly remember a Leprechaun hunt with my nieces and nephews years ago and now that I have my own children, we have enjoyed setting traps to try to catch a leprechaun each year. 
This year we thought we would go after what Leprechauns most desire-gold.
 This week we went to the beach and collected a few rocks.  We were going for smooth, flat and round, of course, the tide came in and we grabbed whatever we could find.
 We brought the rocks home and spray painted them gold (still using my stash of gold spray paint).
 Then the kids wrote Gotcha and Not and Fooled Ya on a few rocks to throw the Leprechauns off. 

Now we just need to set the trap-stay tuned!
This week I am posting to:
Blue Cricket Design
Tip Junkie handmade projects


Somewhat SimplePhotobucketa to zebra

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm so going to have to do this for St. Patricks Day!!

    Dawnn @ anewdawnn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did something similar but actually painted it on the rocks. Way too time consuming! You're much smarter :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! Love it! Thank you for sharing at Uncommon!!

    Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/spring-cake-pops/


    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete