Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine "Stockings"

Yesterday my daughter had the cutest idea, to make Valentine stockings! She is of the belief that Cupid comes to the house in the same way Santa does.

I gathered my supplies and started working...

I made these out of felt and put a lightweight stabilizer on the front side.  I thought a cone would be a good way to collect goodies.  So, I made a triangle pattern, it is 11 inches in height, just large enough to cover a full sheet of felt.
 I knew just what to do for everyone in the family but me!  My stocking stayed plain all day. 
 I have them hanging from our stairwell (my mantel is a little too Valentine'd)
 This is my favorite-for the muse that inspired me!
 The ribbon at the top reminded me of a bandanna.
 Still seems to lack personality, but oh well!
Can't beat Legos!



Somewhat Simple






michellepaige Photobucket





The Peaceful Mom

Tuesday To Do Party

4 comments:

  1. these are very sweet indeed

    i am now following you
    via GFC and LF
    and hope you'll return the favor!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for linking up at Show & Tell Saturday on The Peaceful Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those valentine stockings are sooo cute! thanks for sharing @ catch as catch can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peace sign heart one. Can you tell me where you found the pattern Thanks

    ReplyDelete